Walk With Me

Experiencing life...wide open

My Photo
Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Hump Day!

Well, today was hump day...can't believe the week is half over. It was a beautiful day, the weather forecast says it's going to keep getting better. I wonder what happened to winter? Not that I miss it, it just feels weird that I've only worn my winter coat once.

Today was a good day. I think I'm starting to work through some of these yucky thoughts and moving forward, which is always the best direction to go. I looked back over my posts and realized that this thing is very depressing! I would have stopped reading a long time ago! Well, for those who are still interested in walking through my world...I'm going to do better!

Ok, my brother is in the army (in case anyone didn't know) and is on six month rotations between Fayetteville, NC and Iraq/Afghanistan/wherever they feel like sending him. He is a newlywed (yay!) and has a loving family to email and send packages to him. So last fall, I decided to Adopt a Soldier. My first soldier came home right after Christmas. I got one carepackage over to him and some letters. Well, I'm going to do better with John. He is going to get at least one letter a week and hopefully I will be able to send him a couple care packages (the most important thing is that I write him).

It is crazy trying to write a letter to someone you have never met, even crazier because they tell us to continue writing and don't wait for a return letter. So this poor guy is going to get letter after letter of me updating him on my life and what's going on. I sent the first one out today, it was basically my life up until starting work with the Army (that's The Salvation Army).

I have a few reasons for telling you all this...the first is WOW! my life has been pretty boring! How am I going to write a Best Selling Autobiography with what's happened so far??? That's task number one, make life more interesting. Anyone interested in joining this effort...don't hesitate to call. Second, if you have any ideas/suggestions for topics to write John about, I will use them all! Not only topics to talk about, but suggestions on things he might like to get. There are two problems trying to send a package to someone you don't know; the first is that I'm not a boy so I don't even know what most boys enjoy getting, and the second is that I've never been overseas in the military so I have no idea what luxuries they are missing. Shawn's no help. He is...well, let's just say taken care of. If you want to know it will have to be a discussion in person (can't leave a paper trail or risk our phones being tapped!)

Well, that's about it. I just need suggestions and anything will help...I'm lost!

One last thing...if everyone could keep Clif and his family in your hearts and prayers. He has a two year old boy, CJ, who is in the hospital (for like the 5th time) with a kidney problem, he is not responding to the medication and they are going to do a biopsy on his kidney. He is a precious boy and Clif is a wonderful person (so is CJ's mom). So, just keep their family close to you. Together we can find this boy some relief!

Always growing through love...sheri

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home