Walk With Me

Experiencing life...wide open

My Photo
Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

Monday, February 20, 2006

Atlanta...again?

I found myself in Atlanta this weekend. Didn't think I'd go down there again, at least not this soon. I noticed my driving abilities got worse the closer we got, I guess I was a bit nervous. I don't know why I worried about running into him, maybe some part of me wanted to.

While there I was blessed to be around three friends who have grown together into amazing adults. I was able to spend time with each one individually and learn a little about the personalities that come together to balance their trio in a way I've never known.

I met some wonderful girls who were able to welcome me into their lives...the first 60 seconds setting the tone of our new frienships (inappropriate as it may have been). We danced (well, kinda) to an awesome group who came together to make an incredible album.

Spent Saturday night bouncing from one topic to another and doing the electric slide. Experienced an incredible spiritual gathering in a coffee house on Sunday and sat around a bonfire till early in the morning.

All in all it was a fantastic (not really sure where I picked this word up, but it was used a lot this weekend) time. Felt a bit short, but weekends like that always do. One of the things I learned this weekend is that life happens all the time...the less you sleep, the more you experience. Some of the most intimate and painful things happen in the early morning hours...those are the ones worth staying up for.

On Valentine's Day my fortune cookie told me "a lifetime friend shall soon be made" (dirty minds just thought 'in bed' when they read that!)...only time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home