Walk With Me

Experiencing life...wide open

My Photo
Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

Sunday, March 12, 2006

another weekend gone

It's Sunday, again. Why is it that Monday through Friday drag on while Saturday and Sunday are gone in an instant? We should look into having a four day work week with three day weekends...I am convinced this will improve not only productivity in the workplace but also the attitude of employees. When I grow up and start my own business, that's what I'm going to do: three day work weeks and four day weekends...

Although short, this weekend was fun and productive. Anna came down and talked wedding with Sarah. The energy those two created was incredible. Ideas are turning into plans and activities are being scheduled...their excitement is contagious! Anna also got creative about the wedding shower coming up...can't say too much for fear of Sarah reading this but I can tell you it's going to be a fun filled weekend!!!

I went to church this morning. To some this may seem a silly thing to write about, but for me it's kind of a special occasion. I'm not much for organized worship...I'd rather sit around in a group discussing topics (the key word being discussing). I don't enjoy someone standing in front of an audience preaching at me...unless I'm engaged in a discussion, my ADD kicks in and I'm gone!

So, I've been going to church sporadically for the past year or so, but there's always been a person to go with or take. Either Sarah's been here and said she was going so I tagged along, or Nichole would spend the night and I'd have to take her. Today was different...today I woke up, got dressed and went all by myself. It was a good feeling...empowering...so I tackled Walmart! NEVER again.

Cell group was also an empowering experience. It was one of those nights that a discussion was bound to happen, and it was a good one. I feel as though a weight has been lifted and I can begin to move forward...leaving guilt and the past behind.

I learned that I might hear God after all, people aren't quite what they seem to be and we all have a past we're not proud of. How incredible to find that out and be able to connect with people on a deeper level, while learning more about yourself in the process.

God has an amazing way of teaching you about yourself...I hope I never lose the desire to learn and continue to grow through His love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home