Walk With Me

Experiencing life...wide open

My Photo
Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

Monday, March 20, 2006

Fun times in South Carolina

This past weekend was Youth Councils for North & South Carolina. Sarah was participating in some of the programs, so I tagged along...and let's face it, I'm still a kid at heart!

The speaker was incredible! He is an old football star and had a heart wrenching testimony. One minute he had me in tears and then moved right in to making me laugh...it takes a passionate speaker to have that effect on a room full of teenagers.

Among other performers was a group called 13th Floor and the band Entertaining Angels. Both were also great and only added to the intensity of the weekend.

It was amazing being a witness to the spirit moving in those around me. Watching emotion overcome them to the point where they can not hold themselves up, they bow down to the relationship that is coming alive in them. Some were new believers, while others were being led out of the darkness of struggle...I was one who was led.

It's incredible the amount of emotion I felt this weekend. I found myself overcome with something...I'm not sure if it was grief, anger or maybe even love. During parts of the message I would be crying, which is nothing new, but I wasn't thinking about myself or struggles I am faced with, I was focused on my friends. Their names kept repeating in my mind...almost like someone was chanting.

I've felt for others before, my heart has known their hurt, but never with this intensity. Is this something that will continue to happen or was it that I was emotionally and spiritually open to hearing Him this weekend? I'm not really sure how to handle it or where to go with it. I'm trying to let go of the questions and trust that whatever it was, He will make it known to me in time.

Always growing through His love...and others

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home