Walk With Me

Experiencing life...wide open

My Photo
Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Walton Communities

my new job is quite a change from what I've been doing. first, it is for-profit. I will be working as a leasing agent for an apartment complex in Atlanta. I'm pretty excited. the people are amazing. it's owned by four local people and i met with one of them during the interview process and she is incredible. in all of my interviews we sat and talked for a long time. I love it when you meet people and immediately have a connection. I'm excited to begin working with this team.

ok, back to the job. it's at a complex called Walton River. it's right by the Chatahoochee and is beautiful. Walton Communities has like 8 complexes in northern Atlanta, all around the Atlanta-Marietta area. I put their site to the right under fave links, check it out!

ok, wanna hear the benefits??? I will be living at Walton River, so I get to WALK TO WORK!!! I also get a discount on rent, they have "uniforms" (black pants and sweater-sets), who cares, I don't have to buy them!!! my insurance will start in October. the hours are 10-6 (you know how I love to sleep in!). did I mention I will be WALKING TO WORK!!! that is a huge deal considering gas in Atlanta is like 10cents more than Charlotte. I've met most of the people in the office and am very excited to learn from them. I'm excited to be trying something new. these people really care about their communities and the people who live there, which is refreshing, but don't spend 8 days a week working for them, which is awesome! it will be crazy days with activities here and there, but no long hours.

what am I going to do with all my time this fall??? well, one thing is I've decided to try writing again. I've been talking with ryan a lot about how much I loved writing when I was in high school and he has been encouraging me to get back into it. I'm going to write a book. who knows if it will ever amount to anything, but I'm pretty excited to start and everyone at my new job is excited to hear more about it. I'm just excited to be some place where I'm comfortable, happy and appreciated (wow, what a loaded sentence...there are so many reasons behind that statement, take it as you will).

any thoughts on my new adventure???

oh yeah, I start Monday. woohoo for vacation! I'm spending this weekend driving back and forth from Atlanta to Charlotte. yesterday I left work and drove to Atlanta so I can sign my lease this morning at 10 and drop some stuff off. then ryan and I are heading to Charlotte, stopping by his grandparents and picking up a trailor on the way so we can load everything (and hopefully not need to rent a car) and drive back to Atlanta on Sunday to unload and drive to South Carolina to return the trailor. then back to the new apartment Sunday night to "relax" and begin unpacking before I start the new job bright and early Monday morning. wow...I really know how to treat myself well. can't complain too much, I am getting a massage at Ballantyne tomorrow morning :-)

love you all and can't wait for you to come visit me and my new home.

growing through His love...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home