Walk With Me

Experiencing life...wide open

My Photo
Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

eyes

What do people see when they look at me? Do they see the confident, mature, intelligent, optimist I am trying to be or the insecure, childish, scared person I really am. Do I let people become involved in my life so that they know me for me, or stop them at the door, preventing them from rejecting me. Rejecting me once they see how sad, lonely and discouraged I can be.

Eyes are the windows to the soul. What do my eyes show. Are they mysterious, intense and deep...or are they shallow and full of pain. Could they be a mirror reflecting the light and creating the greens and browns that speckle my eyes while hiding what's in my soul...

I want to be seen...completely. I want to be vulnerable and allow people to love me based on who I am, not the idea of who I want to be. I need to be seen for who I am so that I can become who I am meant to be...the better daughter, better sister, better friend, better employee, better supervisor and, most importantly, better follower of God.

I trust Him...trust Him to see into my soul and love me anyway. To see my deep fears and dark realities, and open His arms anyway. To see my sadness and loneliness and embrace me as His child. I trust Him to fill the holes in my soul...to complete me.

Open my eyes, Lord, and let me see Jesus.
Open my eyes, Lord, and let me be seen.


The next step is trusting others.

growing through His love...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home