Walk With Me

Experiencing life...wide open

My Photo
Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

lift each other up now

I was listening to Jewel this morning on the way to work. Well, I'm listening to her now, too. One of my favorite songs is called 'Sensitive'. Part of the song says 'please be careful with me, I'm sensitive and I'd like to stay that way'...so true! She goes on, 'I have this theory that if we're told we're bad then that's the only idea we'll ever have. Maybe, if we are surrounded in beauty, someday we will become what we see...we are everyday Angels, be careful with me cause i'd like to stay that way.'

We are everyday Angels and I definitely want to stay that way. I'm emotional and cry too easily. I throw myself into friendships, relationships, family, work and whatever else I might do with my heart in one hand and my feelings in the other. I may get disappointed sometimes or feel things should be different than they are...but that's part of who I am. I'm trying to take some control over my feelings so I am not constantly hurting and sad...but my ability to love passionately and openly is something I can stand up right now and say I love that about myself...I'm not sure if there would be much to follow.

I'd like to be better about telling others how I see them and why I love them. I want to surround us all in beauty. I do think we become what we see and, thank the Lord for helping me be an optimist and just plain naive, I have struggled hard to fight past my surroundings and become a better person...no one should have to work so hard. We should surround each other in love and happiness and support. Wow, sounds like some alternate universe. I know things can't be happy all the time, but most of the time it can be good...right?

No matter what we do, we should tell people we love them and what makes them special, constantly. Don't wait for the "right time"...the right time is now. There may not be a tomorrow.

'No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted' -Aesop

growing through His love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home