Walk With Me

Experiencing life...wide open

My Photo
Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

screwed up

I think I'm going to be sick. This world is so screwed up. What makes us think we can decide who should be here and who shouldn't...what makes any one of us better than the other. What kind of God lets things like the Holocaust happen, things like what is going on in Darfur. Situations where someone thinks they can wipe out an entire group of people...after forcing them to endure hours upon hours of rape, beatings, torture, starvation and who knows what else. Hearing about this makes me physically ill, hopeless, have a sense of helplessness...

I know it's not right to question our God about this...but why. WHY!!!!???? What could the lesson for these people possibly be. What is the purpose of allowing innocent people to suffer in these horrific ways. Who is their savior? Who will come to their rescue? Are they past the point of rescue? With the memories they would have from this hellish part of their life...would it be better for them to leave this world and move on to their eternity?

During high school I toured the Holocaust museum with my Aunt and Uncle. When you begin the tour, which is self guided, you are given a booklet that is a real life story of a person who experienced this disgusting piece of history and each page corresponds with the different floors of the museum...I want to say there were 4 or 5 floors. Before we started, my Uncle grabbed my booklet from my hands and flipped through it quick...

Traveling through those floors and seeing tiny pieces of what those people went through...I don't think I'll ever be the same again. There was one floor that I will never forget, never. Shoes, this room was filled with nothing but shoes...actual shoes that hundreds, maybe even thousands, of people walked in. They were the shoes that walked these people to their torture, to their hell, to their death, to their...relief? I had nightmares for a month.

It wasn't until a couple of years later that my Uncle told me why he looked through my booklet...it seems that not everyone was as lucky as my girl, not all the stories ended in survival. How incredible that my Uncle thought enough to make sure my story had a "happy" ending...I wish he hadn't. Why should I have been spared the pain of seeing how some of these lived ended...what did I learn through this protection, nothing. It only served to reinforce my naive thinking that everything has a happy ending...ignorance is bliss.

What can I do? What can I do to help these people who spend everyday fighting for their lives, fighting to stay alive and keep their family together and safe, fight to keep strangers from raping their women and beating their men...all of this from their military and government, the people who are meant to protect us from those situations.

I'm helpless, hopeless and devastated.

growing through His love...and praying for those who are not as fortunate as me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home